When you contract with Alpine Works, we want you to feel as confident in our installation as we do.
So, not only can you rely on the comprehensive guarantees offered by the product manufacturers, but also on the knowledge that we undertake all our work to the very highest quality. ‘Quality’ is too often used as a buzzword, but at Alpine Works, adherence to the highest quality standards is fundamental to everything we do.
What that means:
- Our Managing Director John Coleman takes personal responsibility as ISO 9001 quality compliance manager, supported by THC Consultants, our external Quality compliance advisers.
- The quality of our work is backed by our ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001 accreditations. These require us to undergo five external audits a year from BSI.
- Our work is also reinforced by
- our membership of the NICEIC, (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors)
- our membership of the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA)
- our registration with BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of emergency lighting systems (Modular Scheme SP203 Part 4).
- our registration with FIA (Fire Industry Association) for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire alarm systems.
- Each of these organisations conducts regular audits, assessments and inspections to ensure that we have maintained our technical competence, comply with all electrical safety regulations and undertake work to their high standards.
- All our electrical engineers are City and Guilds-qualified and carry out work in accordance with the IEE 17th Edition Regulations, BS7671.
- This is backed up by comprehensive insurance policies.
- If required, our employees will undertake a DBS check .
Finally, that in the unlikely event that you have any good reason to find fault with our workmanship, installation or service, we guarantee that we will fix it. It’s as simple as that.
This promise is backed by the NICEIC, which operates an independent complaints procedure governing the technical standards of its Approved Contractors. If the work of a registered contractor is found to be below the accepted technical standard, NICEIC can require the contractor to correct the work at no additional cost to the customer. In addition, the ECA offers general mediation services in the event of disputes between a member company and their client. We are proud to say that we have never needed to refer to these services – but we are equally happy that as members of these reputable and independent professional bodies, our customers can enjoy complete peace of mind.
To find our more, do contact us: we’d be delighted to help.